Hi,

I have a problem with mysql 3.23.30 (binary distribution) and Slackware 7.

Runnining different programs that access to database,  the numbers of mysqld
grow up.

But when a single program exit, the number of mysqld processes should
decrease by one.

This works on RedHat 7.0 with the same mySQL distribution, but on Slackware
7 the number of mysqld never goes down, and they keep the maximum memory
used in the last big query.

So I tried to compile the last source distribution 3.23.32 on Slackware 7,
but I got the same thing.

I know that the mysqld should be threads not processes, and the memory used
should be shared with all running mysqld, but something does not work
properly.

Do you think that the version of libpthread-0.8.so on Slackware 7 could be
the cause ? (RedHat 7.0 has the libpthread-0.9.so).

I cannot upgrade the OS now, and I think that is not a nice idea moving
on the fly libpthread-0.9.so from RedHat to Slackware (the system is up and
there are 102 users connected !!!).

Could someone help me ?

Thanks in advance.

marcello