Hi there,

I'm using MySQL 2.50.36.nt from Visual FoxPro 6.0 SP4.  The OS is Windows
2000 Professional.

I've created a database with a remote view.  The remote view was generated
using the Wizard.  I selected MySQL from used Available Data Sources.  The
remote view of the table demo from the MySQL database guthyrenker is added
to the database in all its' glory.

When I try to do the same programmatically it fails miserably.

CREATE SQL VIEW Command:

CREATE SQL VIEW my_remote_view REMOTE ;
  CONNECTION MySQL ;
  AS SELECT * FROM demo

The following is the results from the AERROR(gaerror) Function:
  Gaerror[1, 1]:  1526
  Gaerror[1, 2]:  Connectivity error: [TCX][MyODBC]Table 'guthyrenker.demo'
doesn't exist
  Gaerror[1, 3]:  [TCX][MyODBC]Table 'guthyrenker.demo' doesn't exist
  Gaerror[1, 4]:  S1000
  Gaerror[1, 5]:  1146
  Gaerror[1, 6]:  1
  Gaerror[1, 7]:  .NULL.

The following table describes the contents of each element when an ODBC
error numbered 1526 occurs.
|--------------+-----------------------------------------|
| Element      |Description                              |
| number       |                                         |
|--------------+-----------------------------------------|
| 1            | Numeric. Contains 1526.                 |
|--------------+-----------------------------------------|
| 2            | Character. The text of the error        |
|              | message.                                |
|--------------+-----------------------------------------|
| 3            | Character. The text of the ODBC error   |
|              | message.                                |
|--------------+-----------------------------------------|
| 4            | Character. The current ODBC SQL state.  |
|--------------+-----------------------------------------|
| 5            | Numeric. The error number from the ODBC |
|              | data source.                            |
| 6            | Numeric. The ODBC connection handle.    |
| 7            | The null value.                         |

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Ed E.