I seem to have run into a problem lately where all of the sudden my
server keeps giving me "too many connections" errors, locking anyone out
of the site.  I have set max_connections to 210, which shouldn't matter
anyway because we haven't had any more users than usual accessing the
site.  The only thing that has changed since then is the programming
(using Apache::DBI in Perl to connect).  Does anyone have any ideas what
type of programming errors may be causing this?  I do a mysqladmin
processlist, and it appears that the processes seem to stay right up
around 80, and don't seem to go much below that number - why is that?
Any help would be extremely helpful - my boss is about ready to switch
to Oracle, and I don't want to have to do that by all means.

-Jesse Stay