"Matis, Jan" wrote :

> Hallo,
>
> I have small problem with my sql (again :)
> version:3.23.32
> linux: SuSE 6.2 kernel: 2.2.16, 2.2.18, 2.4.1
> lib: libc-2.1.2-31 (suse)
> compiled: gcc-2.95.2, egcs 2.7.2.3
> compilation parameters: --prefix=/opt/mysql ( --without-debug
> --enable-assembler)
> memory: 1GB
> processor: 2* PIII 550Mhz
> ps uax | grep mysqld | wc -l : between 100 and 600 (really :)
> this machine is db backend for one wide used portal ( 3 web machines with
> apache and php 4.0.4pl1 with patched persistent connections)
>
> I tryed all combinations of this but in my db.err is really often
> mysqld got signal 11.
> Does anybody have an idea what can I do ?
>
> is it possible that this is caused by bad written php scripts ? (because I'm
> not developer but I know how our developers work :)
> if yes where in php scripts should I search a bug ?
>
> Jan Matis

Hi Jan,

If you check this mailing list archive, you will see that there are
other reports of "signal 11" problems either on FreeBSD or Linux.

I posted such a message myself on Jan 18th and I am still getting this
kind of problem since then. It may run several days without problem or
crash 3 times within 2 hours. I did not post anything again since I
could
not set up a reproducible test case.

I really think the problem is with MySQL not your PHP frontend.
I use MySQL with 2 web front-ends coded in Perl (mod_perl) and
this problem appeared when I switched the backend from miniSQL to
MySQL (going back to miniSQL is not an option since it has its own
limitations).
My configuration is close to yours (Linux RedHat 6.2, 2.2.14 kernel;
PIII-733, 2Gb RAM) and MySQL load similar (between 300 and 500
persistent connections, about 300 queries/s).

Hope this helps
--
Joseph Bueno
NetClub/Trader.com