I've been using MySql for a few months now with no problem whatsoever.
All of a sudden it stopped working, it just hangs upon startup.  There
are no error messages or any messages for that matter.  I was using the
stable version 3.22 and I tried upgrading to 3.23 (STABLE), but the same
thing happens.  I'm running on RedHat Linux 6.2.   I've seen some
problems similar to this on news groups, and their suggestions are to
increase the Linux file descriptor limits.  However, the system i'm
running it on is not used by that many people, i would say only 15
people use the mysql services on that system.  Would there be anything
else other than the file descriptors that may cause this behavior?