Hi--

        I saw in the manual that there's some strangeness in how ORDER BY
works. What I'm seeing doesn't seem to match either the manual nor the
posted comments. I'm using 3.23.

        I'm doing an "ORDER BY col_1 DESC,col_2". What I want is for the
output to be sorted on col_1 descending, then col_2 ascending. What I'm
getting, however, is col_1 descending, then col_2 *also* descending. And
no, it doesn't make a difference if I say "ORDER BY col_1 DESC,col_2 ASC".

        Is there a known issue with this? It's not insanely important to
the function of my system, but I had it sorting properly with fallthru
sort functions in perl, and I'd hate to lose functionality in the move to
mysql.

        Thanks much!

Brian