I am trying to write a query using the fulltext and match and I've run into a problem.
 I'm new to MySQL, so this question might have already been asked, but I just can't
seem to find it.

I'm using the fulltext capabilities to do a query.  The query requires joins with four
different tables.  The problem that I've run into is once I add the fourth table, the
match column no longer has any value -- it's always zero.  I'm running version 3.23.32
on a Windows 2000 server machine.

Query 1: Works as expected

select message.thread_id, message.forum_id, message.user_id, message.created, match
message.body against ('test') as score,
        thread.thread_title, user.username
    from message,thread,user
    where message.thread_id = thread.thread_id
        and message.user_id=user.user_id
    order by score desc limit 10

Query 2: Returns rows (the joins are working), but match column is zero for every
record.

The only difference is the addition of the forum table (adding forum.title as a
column, and adding a join condition in the where clause)

select message.thread_id, message.forum_id, message.user_id, message.created, match
message.body against ('test') as score,
        thread.thread_title, user.username, forum.title
    from message,thread,user,forum
    where message.forum_id = forum.forum_id
        and message.thread_id = thread.thread_id
        and message.user_id=user.user_id
    order by score desc limit 10

Am I missing the point with all this?  Should I be doing a match...limit x into a
temporary table and then do my join against that?

I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.