Hello Andreas,

I must confirm the problem with table locks. Mysql realy may deadlock
sometimes, and the funny thing is the solution to this case is to kill
the oldest locked thread waiting this condition - afterwards
everything resolves. So this may mean something like broadcast is lost
sometimes (?)

AS> On 01-Feb-2001 Sinisa Milivojevic wrote:
>>
>> HI!
>>
>> Most probably processes are waiting for the slave to get updated.
>>
>> To circumvent the problem, you should :
>>
>> - use our binary (if possible)
>>
>> - avoid LOCK TABLES, which truly is necessary only in some rare cases
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Sinisa
>>
>>       ____  __     _____   _____  ___     ==  MySQL AB
>>      /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic
>>     /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>    /*/ /*/ /*/\*\/*/  \*\|*|   |*||*|     Larnaka, Cyprus
>>   /*/     /*/  /*/\*\_/*/ \*\_/*/ |*|____
>>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^/*/^^^^^^^^^^^\*\^^^^^^^^^^^
>>              /*/             \*\                Developers Team
>>

AS> Actually I did avoid using lock tables but got hit by this problem. Thus I
AS> tried with lock tables.

AS> Using supplied binaries is no choice as for certain reasons all systems
AS> involved are completely built from source.

AS> I can't really see a reason why a slave being updated should lock the master
AS> for good. Nevertheless there's just one programmable switch between the master
AS> and the slaves involved and the network speed is 200MBits/s (channel bonding) so
AS> this can't really be the reason for the problem.

AS> If I can do anything to help to sort this out I'll happily do so.

AS> Andreas Steinmetz
AS> D.O.M. Datenverarbeitung GmbH

Best regards,
 Peter                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]