Hi Folks,
        I've been trying to debug Mysql server 3.23.32 under Irix 6.5.10f.  While
it compiles and executes under light load, any significant load results in sigsegv.
(easily reproducible by running a python script to access a database. One instance
of the script, no problem, two instances: quick crash).

I've tried to debug this but I've been thwarted at every move:

1) I cannot get a core: --core-file, --core-file-size=xxxxx doesn't seem to help
generate a core.

2) Running under dbx results in:

# dbx /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld
dbx version 7.2.1.3m Dec 23 1998 01:09:37
Executable /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld
(dbx) run
Process 754437 (mysqld) started
Fatal error: Please read "Security" section of the manual to find out how to run
mysqld as root!
010204 19:41:22  Aborting
# id -r
uid=0(root) gid=0(sys)
# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(sys)

Looks like I *am* root... so I cannot debug it that way.

3) Log and Debug/Trace output doesn't give any clues (or perhaps I just don't know
what to look for).

4) test_thr_alarm and test_thr_lock pass their tests.

About the only thing I've been able to determine is that running --one-thread inhibits
the crashes, so we suspect the interface to/with Irix pthreads.

(all of the above is with --with-debug configured).

Where would I go from here?

Has anyone had trouble or success running 3.23.32 under Irix 6.5.xy  I would be
interested in
knowing your OS revision (your versions of x and y above, via uname -R) and any
configuration
or code changes if your answer is "works for me."

        Thanks for any clues.

        - Scott Presnell ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Our Python "crashme" script:

import MySQLdb

for ii in range( 250 ):
    db  = MySQLdb.connect( user='myname',
                           passwd='mypass',
                           db='mydb',
                           host='myhost' )
    cur = db.cursor()
    cur.execute( "select myname, myrank from rank" )
    db.close()