From: Chris Toth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 9:56 AM
To: MySQL List
Subject: need some help here...

I'm having a extremely hard time grasping the concept of multiple tables. So
far, I've been using just one table when designing a database. But now I
have to design a database for a trouble-ticket system for our department.
I've written out the design of the tables, but the part I don't understand
is how the tables relate to each other. Do I need to use foreign keys? But
if I do, I thought MySQL didn't support foreign keys?

BTW, I've read most of the O'rielly mSQL/MySQL book and couldn't find my
answers.

Just in case it matters, I'm going to have one table full of faculty info,
one of staff info, one for the trouble ticket itself, and possibly one for
actions performed on the trouble ticket.