Hi,

I want to create a database for managing the attendance statements of students under
my supervision. I have mysql running on a debian machine (version 3.22.32-4).

I am unable to create the required tables as I am afraid I need a two dimensional
array which is not available(as I know) in mysql.

This is my situation. Could you please suggest any solutions?

I want to have the absentee list of students per hour_of_day per day for a week, done
for the entire course.

One possibility I thought was to create a table with date and each hour of the day as
columns, then each cell would have to have variable number of student roll nos who are
absent for that particular hour and I dont know how I can enter an array of numnbers.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Suresh