Hello Michael,

Peter>> I've done mysqladmin "flush logs" and then copied the .frm and .db
Peter>> files into other database directory - and the bug was unable to be
Peter>> repaired.

MW> I assume you mean 'unable to be repeated' ?

Yes of course.

MW> I haven't seen anything like this with BDB tables before :(

Peter>> also I find one of mysql processes hanged - it took 100% of one of the
Peter>> processors.

Peter>> I've connected to the process and made BT several times:

Peter>> 0x8137b17 in _mi_get_binary_pack_key (keyinfo=0x0, nod_flag=0, page_pos=0x0,
key=0x0) at mi_search.c:1035
Peter>> 1035        *page_pos= page+length-tmp;

MW> Do you think this is related ?

No. Now I don't - Yesterday I have the same behavior without any thread
hanged.

MW> Did you do a 'mysqladmin proc' when this happened?

Then I got the problem with BDB - yes - there was no active processes.
and there I saw hanged process - no - this possibly may be other
program which started to work with mysql hard. Sorry :)

Peter>> After I've restarted mysqld the problem removed itself

MW> :(

MW> It could have been the automatic repair that fixed this table.
MW> Do you think this is possible?

No. As I know you do not have autorepair with BDB tables.

I'll try today to backup the table and reload it with mysqldump. If
this help then this would mean something is wrong with the table but
it starts to appear only after there was some work with it.

--
Best regards,
 Peter                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]