Problem: No space left on device
Solution: Pay more attention to partition sizes

I would have expected mysql to start failing queries on such an event.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lance Lovette [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 8:08 PM
To: MySQL
Subject: mysql hanging on mysqldump output

I am trying to copy data from one database to another using output from
mysqldump version 8.11 distributed with 3.23.28-gamma. The problem is that
part way through importing the data into the target database, mysql just
hangs. When I show the process list, there is only one query, and it's stuck
in the update state. The table it gets stuck on is the largest in my
database, the .MYD is 131M. The size of the .MYD stops at 49M during the
import.

First, I execute this to create the dump:

% mysqldump --host=xxx --user=xxx --password=xxx -C -q --opt xxx | gzip >
filename.sql.gz

Next, I execute this to import the data into the target database:

% gunzip --stdout filename.sql.gz | mysql xxx -u root -p

This never finishes. I have played with different mysqldump options and I
also tried importing the data into a 3.23.32 database and nothing works.
What else might I try?

Lance