>hi
>
>does mysql support any equivalent of DECODE in oracle?
>i have been looking all over for info on this, but
>cannot find any. i have several SQL scripts in our
>code that use the decode stmt, and now that some of
>our stuff is being ported to MySQL, i have hit a wall.
>

>will i have to get my perl to do the looping and then
>display the results? i want something as follows:
>

>          Quantity Sold for week beginning 5 Feb
>
>             05/02   06/02  07/02   08/02  09/02
>
>product 1      22     90      78      12     09
>product 2      22     78      12      34     10
>product 3      10     12      12      23     23
>
>this is simply done with DECODE in oracle, but what to
>do in mysql? would appreciate any help/advice!
>
>thanks/erick

Sir, MySQL has both the If function, and the CASE IF THEN ELSE
structure. Check the online documentation.

I know what decode() is, but I have very little experience with
Oracle and I can't figure out how you used decode() to arrive at the
output above, so I can't offer any more help.

Bob Hall

Know thyself? Absurd direction!
Bubbles bear no introspection.     -Khushhal Khan Khatak