Hi.

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 01:52:47AM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> Sorry for the subject but I am in a very very

Btw, this is the perfect way to get ignored.

> desperate state 'coz the whole site is down and if I
> cannot connect to the database through my servlet my
> @ss is grass.
>
> Everything seems to be working fine except when I
> execute the servlet I get this @$#$@$# error:
>

> " Server configuration denies access to data source "
>

> And to connect my servlet code is:
>
> Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver").newInstance();
> con =
>
>DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://jumac.com:3306/DBNAME?user=ryan&password=pw007");

Can you connect with the mysql command line client like this (from the
host running the servlet):

shell> mysql -h jumac.com -P 3306 -u ryan -p
Passwort: pw007
(of couse, the password will not be visible while you type it)

If yes, there is a problem with your servlet. If not, there is a
problem with the values you use or with your hosting service.

Btw, in case pw007 is your real password, you should change it at
once.

I was not able to connect to "jumac.com", so this might be your
problem. "www.jumac.com" works for me (even for MySQL).

Bye,

        Benjamin.