Rus wrote:

> Hi!
> Does MySQL open all tables in database when I select data from one table?

No. But he will keep last x ones for faster access. My my.cnf file:

[tonu@no tonu]$ cat /etc/my.cnf
[mysqld]
log-slow-queries=/var/log/mysql-slow-query.log
set-variable = long_query_time=1
set-variable = key_buffer=16M
set-variable = sort_buffer=1M
set-variable = table_cache=128   <------- Keep last 128 tables open
set-variable = record_buffer=1M
set-variable = net_buffer=16M

[tonu@no tonu]$

> Will it be faster to split db to number of smaller db associated with concrete PHP
>scripts?

Depends. Usually you do not have so huge tables. If someone does, then
one can read manual about MERGE type of tables. They are hiding that
solution with many tables from you.

--
MySQL Development Team