WJ McEachran schrieb:

> I've just been exposed to Access 2000 :-(
> I'd be interested in any comments about using Access 2000 as a front-end
> for MySQL (this isn't _my_ choice).
>
> How is it done? What are the pitfalls?
>
> Please c.c. me directly as I'm in the process of resubscribing to this list.
> --
> Bill McEachran

this is possible since Tcx provides an ODBC driver for Win; therefore it
is seamless to etasblish a connection wherever the mysql server is
running.
1) install the driver - see the homepage of mysql.com
2) there is a (little bit hidden) menu in Win for installing ODBC
drivers - open it
and click on sources, and if the installation was successful you should
see the mysql driver
3) give a name for the new connection, IP etc. user name
4) tell mysql this new user - if not implemented
5) don't use a password
for access:
use file - external data - tables connect

you can read and write into your MySQL tables!

--
http://it97.dyn.dhs.org/
 Irmund    Thum

Kryptographische Unterschrift mit S/MIME