Hello !!!!

The hosting company has given me a user name and passwd . When i log into my own site
thro' a telnet session i 'm able to view all the databases created in the server that
includes DBs not created by me  . I also did a "USE DB" command to connect to a DB
that wasn't mine . Also "Show tables" faithfully listed all the tables in the DB . I
even  was able to run a "SELECT " on a login table table to list all the user names
and passeords listed with the company .
What do i make of it ???? An admin lapse or a inherent limitation of MySQL as the
support guy makes it out . But the latter is hard to believe.
Any suggestions on  how to make my DB invisible on other Logins ?????
Any help will be deeply appreciated .
Regards
Donald