Hello,

I'm using MySQL Version 3.22.34 on WinNT (it's still shareware) in
combination with MyODBC. And now I received the following message from
another program using this database:
  "SQL-State: S1000 [TCX][MyODBC] Too many connections"

Therefore I read the manual and found out, that I have to set the
variable max_connections at a higher value. I did it in a separate file,
called my.ini:
  [mysqld]
  basedir=D:\\Programme\\MySQL
  set_variable =  max_connections=300

I started MySQL with:
  D:\Programme\MySQL\bin\mysqld-shareware.exe
--defaults-file=d:\winnt\my.ini

And it doesn't work (that's the problem). I receive the following
message:
  " D:\Programme\MySQL\bin\mysqld-shareware.exe: unrecognized option
`--set_variable=max_connections=300' "

I also tried to start the server with -O max_connections=300 and it
didn't work, too.
Is there anybody who can help me?

Thanks a lot,
Ron