Apparently I jumped the gun today when I posted my last message about
compiling on Solaris.  I had inadvertantly extracted and compiled an older
version of MySQL.

Tonight I compiled the latest version, 3.23.33, and it does indeed fix all the
shortcomings of the previous compiles with Solaris.  No more manual editing of
config files are necessary to successfully compile on Solaris.

YAY!
--
       Alan W. Rateliff, II        :     YourVillage.com
  Assistant Systems Administrator  :   2700 Apalachee Pkwy