Hi

I post once more this message, because I didn't receive any answer.

----- Message d'origine -----
De : Philippe MORIN
À : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : vendredi 9 février 2001 09:49
Objet : Concurrent insert/select with BDB

Hi

I'm using MySQL 3.23.32 on Linux.
I try to run concurrent insert/select requests on BDB tables, but it doesn't work.

I started mysqld with --bdb-shared-data option.

I run mysql on 2 clients (on the same computer). The first one runs a select request
and the second one runs an insert request.
If I use autocommit, the insert waits for the end of the select.
If I don't use autocommit, the insert waits for the commit of my first client.

Did someone ever use concurrent insert/select with BDB databases ?
Are there some special parameters to initialize, to allow insert and select at the
same time (it doens't matter for me if my first client reads duplicated records).

Thanks a lot !

Philippe Morin - Prologue Software (France)
Software Engineer
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet : http://www.prologue-software.com