I can see your command line problem right now...
./mysqladmin is what you need to do, or add the mysql/bin dir to your path
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: srihari suthamally
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 4:36 PM
  Subject: error in running mysql - this is after vigorous searching that im sending
this email

  Hi

  i have a dell pentium 4 computer
  i have both windows 2000 and linux-mandrake installed in my computer
  iits a dimension 8100 system

  I am trying to run mysql in my linux machine
  i have mandrake version 7.1 installed for my linux machine

  for the version and name of linux
  this is what i got by executing the command

  [root@localhost mysql]# uname -a
  Linux localhost.localdomain 2.2.15-4mdk #1 Wed May 10 15:31:30 CEST
  2000 i?86 unknown

  i tried to install mysql-3.23.33-unknown-linux-gnu-alphaev6
  version of mysql

  the installation went on fine

  but im not able to run mysql or mysqladmin of safe_mysqld

  my linux box is not connected to the internet

  this is what i get when running mysqladmin

  [root@localhost mysql]# cd bin
  [root@localhost bin]# ls
  comp_err*           mysql_convert_table_format*  mysqlbinlog*    mysqlimport*
  isamchk*            mysql_find_rows*             mysqlbug*       mysqlshow*
  msql2mysql*         mysql_fix_privilege_tables*  mysqld*         mysqltest*
  my_print_defaults*  mysql_setpermission*         mysqld.sym.gz*  pack_isam*
  myisamchk*          mysql_zap*                   mysqld_multi*   perror*
  myisampack*         mysqlaccess*                 mysqldump*      replace*
  mysql*              mysqlaccess.conf*            mysqldumpslow*  resolveip*
  mysql_config*       mysqladmin*                  mysqlhotcopy*   safe_mysqld*
  [root@localhost bin]# mysqladmin
  bash: mysqladmin: command not found

  im attaching the error file when i tried to run safe_mysqld
  i tried to search for the error in all possible ways
  but im not able to find it out

  i would greatly appreciate any help

  with regards

  srihari