> Sometimes it says something like 'NTLM authentication
> required'. I have IIS 5 installed. Does anyone know what I can do to
> connect?

well yes (although this is in fact not mysql related).

w2k offers it's own telnet server, very handy to connect to a w2k machine
with the command prompt (and to run mysql, i presume).

What you need is the w2k telnet client, this allows NTLM authentication. Any
other telnet client just won't work!

So, suppose you use win98 to connect, then copy from the w2k machine the
exe:
c:\winnt\system32\telnet.exe
It probably just runs on any other windows (9x, nt) platform.

Also notice the the _current logged on user_  and it's password (on client
side) are used to connect to NT.
So, on the w2k machine must exist a user account with the same username and
password as how you logged on to your client.

You might want to use different telnet clients for win and linux as well,
since win telnet client is not that great to logon and work with linux (no
function keys, ansi etc etc)

good luck,

rene