On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 11:41:48AM +0800, Teddy A Jasin wrote:
> Hi there,
> I have 2 different websites using a single mysql server.
> Today the websites respons very slow and when I check the mysql
> proces i got the following info:
> PID     %CPU     %MEM    VSZ  RSS  TT  STAT STARTED       TIME COMMAND
> 24339  51.6          0.7         6876 3704  p2- R    10:56AM    2:00.79     mysqld
>
> So I suspect that my websites is slow because of the mysql server takes so much
> of the CPU resources (51.6%).
>
> So how to solve this problem?
> I tried restarting mysql then it again reach up until 50-60% of CPU.

Try to connect to your server with the mysql client and type:
show processlist;

This will show you what query it is working on. Maybe you need to start
the mysql client with the -A option to prevent it from reading table
info (which might wait for the query that mysqld is working on).

When the cause is still not clear to you, then post the output of the
'show processlist' to the mailing list. Maybe we can help then.

Fred.

--
Fred van Engen                              XO Communications B.V.
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]             Televisieweg 2