Sir, haven't you posted this before? It looks familiar.

You can't apply an aggregate function to an entire table if the
SELECT statement has a GROUP BY clause. The aggregate function will
return totals for the groups, not for the entire table.

Bob Hall

>Can someone help me combine this statement ...
>
>SELECT d.*, b.invoice_id FROM domain_info d LEFT JOIN billing_info b
>ON d.domain_id=b.domain_id WHERE billing_cycle = '12' OR
>billing_cycle = 'Z' OR billing_cycle = 'C' GROUP BY domain_name
>
>with this statement ...
>
>SELECT sum(ammount_due) FROM billing_info WHERE domain_id =
>$domain_id AND status = 0
>
>The code is for billing software to manage the accounts of my server
>clients.  In the first statement I am selecting information about
>each domain from the table domain_info that are billable for this
>billing cycle.  Also in the first statement I am checking to see if
>any invoice_ids exist for the domain in the table billing_info.  If
>there are no ids, the code knows to add a setup fee to the charge.
>If there are ids, then they domain has already been charges in the
>past and been billed for the one-time setup fee.
>
>The second statment gets the entire ammount owed from the table
>billing_info.  Anytime a domain incurs a charge (positive) or pays
>an invoice (neagtive), a line is added with this in the ammount_due
>collumn.
>
>I can't seem to get an error free result ... can anyone offer
>suggestions on some working codes that gets both of these statments
>into one?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Nick

Know thyself? Absurd direction!
Bubbles bear no introspection.     -Khushhal Khan Khatak