At 18:13 15/02/2001 +0800, Li Sze wrote:
Hi,
I had connected a Win2k machine against a Linux Server using
MyODBC but I don't remember if it was before or after the use
of the encryption feature of Samba on the Linux Server. How
you know Win2k machine only uses the encryption authentication.
So I guess that SQLConnect uses the Windows way to try the
connection.
The last year I did a mail with instructions about the use
of the encryption feature on Linux servers and Win2k machine.

Regards,
Miguel
>Hi,
>
>When I ran the application that uses myodbc as the interface to the mysql
>server (linux) on a Win98 platform, it works fine. But when I transferred
>the application to a Win2K pc and run it, I cannot even get through a
>connect. I have already granted access for the Win2K pc to access the
>mysql server with the correct username and password. I tested it using the
>mysql gui and it connects fine.
>
>Are there any known problems when using myODBC with Win2K? Or are there
>any write ups on what needs to be done to get myodbc to work in Win2K
>environment?
>

>Thanks,
>Li Sze

   /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /   http://www.mysql.com/
  / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__  Miguel Solórzano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/  São Paulo, Brazil
        <___/                  Development Team