I have an Access 2000 Db on a Win98 system with tables linked to a MySql23.32-1
database on Suse Linux 7.0
using the latest MyODBC with a System DSN specifying anyname.dsn, the IP of
192.168.2.5 for the host, the
database name of "metrics" and port 3306. I had to setup the privileges very
carefully in the MySQL user table
and to spell my database name correctly in order to make it work.