Mikel King wrote:

> guys I think you are making this a way bigger problem than it really
> is...e-merce crap is generally taxed based on the location of the
> vendor; much the same way in which mail order businesses are taxed.
> You really only have to worry about the state/locality in which you
> are incorperated/operate from, and in many cases this only applies to
> transactions that occur within those bounds. Meaning that both the
> vendor and the customer are in the same state.  Really this is a
> matter for the bean counters, but thus far I've yet to buy anything
> even from Amazon that I have to pay tax on unless they are in my
> state.

Actually it gets complicated for two reasons. On the web site I run
http://www.tias.com/ we have vendors in all 50 states. Second, if you
have a business presence in the state the customer is located in, then
you need to calculate the tax for *their* locality. So in the normal
case where you are calculating the taxes for just 1 vendors. Who has
only one location, then things can be simplified by dealing with only
the rules of the state (and the localities within the state).