I just installed MySQL version 3.23.32, and all
appeared to go well. However, after installing PHP 4
and rebooting my server, when I tried to start Apache
(1.3.14) I got the following message:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: httpd: libmysqlclient.so.10.0: No
such file or directory
/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I know that libmysqlclient.so.10.0 exists on my drive,
under /home/packages/mysql-3.23.32/libexec/.libs/
(which is not my install dir; that's
/usr/local/mysql). I tried copying it to /usr/libexec,
and that didn't solve the problem.

Even more strange, though, is the fact that I don't
have anything in my httpd.conf file that references
MySQL.

Thank you for any help or direction you could provide.

Alex Le Fevre