I have written a program which reads data from WWW forms and passes it to
MySQL queries. All works fine except for the cases when the form is filled
with characters like '%', '"', ''', etc. Then, these characters are treated
like special, formatting characters in SQL query, which, of course demage
the SQL query. I know that this problem can be solved by adding '\' char
before each such special character, but users typing texts in the form by
WWW will not know that.
Is there any simple way in MySQL to solve this problem?

Robert