MySql Experts:

I have a mysql server running on host A with database X and a mysql server
running on host B with database Y.

In the context of a select I want to JOIN a table in database X on host A
with a table in database Y on host B. Can this be done? Do I have to do
anything special with the grant tables in either mysql server? If this can
be done, what is the syntax in the select statement for referencing the
remote table in database Y on host B (assuming I have a connection handle
to database X on Host A)?

Or, is the only way to accomplish my goal to replicate database Y to the
mysql server on host A?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

- J