Hello,

Personally, I am sick and tired of discussions like that.

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 09:36:47AM -0800, Fredrick Bartlett wrote:
> I will kindly answer...
Thank you Fredrick! But your answer is not the answer Lieven wanted and me too, by the
way.

> Subselects are not supported in current released versions of mySQL.
I have seen a lot of answers like that. But as I mentioned above it's not
the answer.

> Fred van Engen wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 05:23:02PM +0100, Lieven Op De Beéck wrote:
> > > DELETE FROM product
> > > WHERE product.id in
> > >    (SELECT p.id
> > >     FROM product p, category c
> > >     WHERE p.cat=c.id AND c.subcatfrom=2)
Probably, Lieven, we'll have slightly better chance to receive the REAL ANSWER
if we ask "HOW can I implement this in MySQL?" with small addition "I am
using PHP (C API, Perl, GUI client, command line clien - underline what is
your case)."

Friends, seriously, could you please post working solutions for cascade
delete, update? Did I miss some FAQ? Site? Page? Post?
Everntualy, I'll end up with such solution because I need it. But do I really
need to invent wheel?

> > You forgot to read the manual.
> > Fred.
Do you have to say something else? If the answer is "No", could you please
avoid to make quite busy list busier?

Best regards,
Lumberer.

P.S. Excuse me, please, everybody who finds this post too offensive.