On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 06:44:50PM +0100, Abraham García wrote:
> I have a weird (at least weird for me) problem trying to connect to mysql
> server v 3.23...
>
> When I try to connect from some sites, I got an ERROR 1045: Access denied
> for user: 'user@host' (Using password: YES)
> I'm sure the privilege tables are right, the user is added to db and user
> tables for connect from localhost and from %, and I can connect to de data
> base from some other machines and from the localhost...

Do the remote clients have reverse and forward entries in the
DNS? The MySQL daemon does some checks on this.

Also you may want to look in the error logs in the MySQL var
directory for clues.

Regards,

Fred.

--
Fred van Engen                              XO Communications B.V.
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]             Televisieweg 2