Hello Max, I am just catching up on my mysql messages and it didn't
look like your question got answered. I am still learning mysql, but
I know electronics. The first thing I would check, in your case, is
the memory chips on the errant machine. Are the speeds identical? I
have had a similar problem when I had chips 3&4 with a different
clock rate than 1&2.

How much memory is on board? Mysql is a memory hog. I had it working
fine on 160Meg for development purposes, but I moved everything to a
machine with 1.25Gig for production.

Good luck.

On 19 Feb 2001, at 12:09, Max Harper wrote:

> >>I work for a web hosting company that has mysql 3.22.23 on one
> >>of our servers. The server is Free BSD unix version 3.5. It seems
> >>every few weeks it pops up with this error.
> >>
> >>System Error: DBI->connect(WWWThreads:localhost) failed: Can't
> >>create a new thread (errno 35). If you are not out of
> >>available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible
> >>OS-dependent bug at modules/w3t.pm line 480
> >>
> >>The code that access mysql is fine because out of the 8
> >>servers it is on this server is the only one having problems
> >>and is the only one that has mysql on it. It is configured the
> >>exact same way as all the other server except it has mysql on
> >>it. I checked the config file for mysql and it looks fine to
> >>me. If this is something that isn't setup on the
> >>server, can anyone please point me in the right direction as to how
> >>to fix it?
>
> Here is the my.cnf file
>
> [client]
> #password = my_password