From: Paul A. Rubin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 8:59 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Is this normal?

Hello all,

I'm running MySQL 3.23.32 under Red Hat 7.0.  Neither my students nor
have encountered any visible problems, but the error log is full of
messages like the following:

>010221  2:05:06  Aborted connection 1000 to db: 'rubin' user:
>'rubin'  host: `localhost' (Got timeout reading communication
>packets)

Since I'm asleep at 2 a.m. local time, I assume this was generated by
someone hitting a Cold Fusion page that queries the database using my
id
and password.  Some of the errors are definitely from Cold Fusion
accesses.  It's possible they all are, but in many cases I cannot
tell.  The Cold Fusion server is running on the same Linux box, by
the way.

Is this normal behavior?

TIA,

Paul

*****
Paul A. Rubin                                    Phone:    (517)
432-3509
Department of Management                         Fax:      (517)
432-1111
The Eli Broad Graduate School of Management      E-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Michigan State University
http://www.msu.edu/~rubin/
East Lansing, MI  48824-1122  (USA)
*****
Mathematicians are like Frenchmen:  whenever you say something to
them,
they translate it into their own language, and at once it is
something
entirely different.                                    J. W. v.
GOETHE

To unsubscribe, e-mail
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Trouble unsubscribing? Try: