[Please cc me, I'm not on the list.]

Hi there.

I'm trying to compile mysql-3.23.33 on NT 5, and have run
into this:

Performing Custom Build Step on .\Strxmov.asm
'masm' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Error executing c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe.

mysqld-opt.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I have downloaded masm-6.15 and installed it. the compiler
is however called ml.exe, so I changed the custom build step
on strxmov.asm to load ml, but now I get this:

Performing Custom Build Step on .\Strxmov.asm
MASM : warning A4018: invalid command-line option : -Mx
 Assembling: .\Strxmov.asm,.\release\Strxmov.obj,,,
MASM : fatal error A1000: cannot open file : .\Strxmov.asm,.\release\Strxmov.obj,,,
Error executing c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe.

mysqld-opt.exe - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)

I'm neither familiar with MASM nor assembler programming in
general. could someone enlighten me as to what changes are
necessary?

BTW, inclusion of build instructions for win32 platforms
would be nice...

Cynic:

A member of a group of ancient Greek philosophers who taught
that virtue constitutes happiness and that self control is
the essential part of virtue.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]