Well, this is a database interface (in this case, I assume PHP)
question rather than a mysql question, but:

Prepend the mysql_connect() with an @ sign to suppress error message reporting:

        @mysql_connect("localhost","root","")
        or die ("Server Currently Unavailable");

See the PHP docs for more info:

        http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.operators.errorcontrol.php

or go to http://www.php.net/search.php, enter the search term 'error'.

        -steve

--
+--- "They've got a cherry pie there, that'll kill ya" ------------------+
| Steve Edberg                           University of California, Davis |