Did that, figured out that I had root permissions on files in the data
directory. I pushed by that and now I find that the file
"/usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld cannot be found or executed". There is no
libexec directory in /usr/local/mysql so, I'm not suprised. Is creating one and
copying "mysqld" into it a viable option? Don't know what else to do.