On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 04:02:50PM -0800, Abby Jiang wrote:

> I am planning to install an application program that use MySQL as
> backend on our external server. There are other important database
> server running on the server too.
>
> Does anyone know how secure the MySQL is?

I trust it. :-)

> Will it be safe to install it on the server host?

Maybe. If you don't configure things securely, it could be a real
problem. But the same is true of Apache, sendmail, bind, and many
other services. Most people secure if they are configured properly.

Have you looked at the security section of the manual?

> My program is using MySQL3.22. Are there advisories out on MySQL?

I'd suggest moving up to 3.23.xx. If you find problems with 3.22,
you'll likely need to upgrade anyway...

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>