Jeremy D. Zawodny writes:
 > On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 12:39:41AM +0100, michi platzer wrote:
 > >
 > > i need to write my own very basic aggregate functions for MySQL and
 > > had a couple of questions regarding this:
 > >
 > > * does anybody know of a site with a collection of UDF's written by other
 > > MySQL user?
 >
 > Nope, sorry.
 >
 > > * i read an old posting (from 99) about somebody writing a little
 > > tool, which enabled him to write UDFs in Perl: does anybody know
 > > more about this (excuse my naive question, but i guess there is
 > > nothing like that available for Java, or?)
 >
 > Again, no.
 >
 > > * any known problems for using UDFs over the JDBC-interface?
 >
 > UDFs are really independent of the clinet language, since they run on
 > the server side and just look like server-side functions.
 >
 > > * is it true that there is no way for using UDFs on the Windows-platform?
 >
 > Don't know. What does the manual say?
 >
 > > * i could not find udf_example.cc neither in the Win-distribution,
 > > nor in the Linux-Intel-version. can anybody provide me with some
 > > basic example code, so that i see how aggregate functions should
 > > work?
 >
 > sql/udf_example.cc in the source distribution.
 >
 > > ps. i was already thinking about changing to a pure Java database,
 > > in order to write some functions on the DBserver-side in Java, since
 > > i am more familiar with this, but then i had to figure out there is
 > > nothing out there that is nearly as reliable, fast and inexpensive
 > > as MySQL!! keep up the good work, guys!
 >
 > Yeah, if you were looking at Java databases, I assumed that speed
 > wasn't a concern for you. :-)
 >
 > Jeremy
 > --
 > Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 > Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance
 > Desk: (408) 328-7878    Fax: (408) 530-5454
 > Cell: (408) 439-9951

Hi!

There is in our sql/ subdir of source distro a source file
udf_example.cc, which has many nice UDF examples.

Among others, there is avgcost function which is a very nice example
of aggregate UDF.

UDF's on Windows are in the works.

Regards,

Sinisa

     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic
    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             /*/             \*\                Developers Team