On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 10:16:55AM +0100, Guido Adam wrote:

> maybe a FAQ, but I didn't find it in the docs: We started to
> replicate our databases with the new features MySQL 3.23.33 offers.
> So far, so cool.
>
> The documentations says something about SQL commands (i.e. SELECT)
> that are redirected from the master servers to the slaves.  How does
> that work? Is it an automatic redirection?

SELECT queries are not redirected and I don't think there are plans to
do so--at least I've not seen anyone mention it.

There has been discussion of implementing a redirect feature on the
SLAVE that will redirect non-read-only queries to the master.

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance