On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 01:58:39AM +0000, Peter Skipworth wrote:

> Sorry for going slightly off-topic...I realise this is more a Perl
> question , but suspect someone here might know the answer.
>
> I'm halfway through writing a module (it's at alpha stage) to cache
> mysql/DBI query results, either within RAM using shared memory or to
> disk using Storable. Testing already shows that my site shows a
> *very* pronounced increase in speed when using this module. I can
> set the cache timeout per query, etc, etc...

That's common for a lot of web sites. In fact, Monty has talked of
buidling a server-side query cache into a future version of MySQL so
that everyone can benefit from these sorts of improvements.

> My question is, are there any modules out there which do this
> already ? I'm deciding whether to release this to CPAN, but it would
> surprise me if there wasn't anything out there already...

Have a look at the results here:

    http://search.cpan.org/search?mode=module&query=cache

A few of them might be similar to what you're doing. But without
looking in more detail, it's difficult to tell how much overlap there
may be.

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>