Hi all, has anyone also seen problems with ROLLBACK not working when
installing MySQL on Red Hat Linux 7.0? On Red Hat Linux 7.0, ROLLBACK does
nothing (though it doesn't generate an error either, and the table is
listed as a BDB in show table status, and locking works as expected with a
BDB table). Is there a known problem with RH7? I am using an all-defaults
Red Hat server installation. On a stock Red Hat Linux 6.2 server
installation, it works.

I found a number of people mentioning they had problems with RH7 and
ROLLBACK on the mailing lists, but with beta versions, not the stable
code. I am installing from tarball source using the following configuration:

shell> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
shell> make
shell> make install
shell> scripts/mysql_install_db
shell> chown -R mysql /usr/local/mysql
shell> chgrp -R mysql /usr/local/mysql
shell> /usr/local/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql &

And this is my BDB test:

create table bdbtest (pk int primary key, name varchar(20)) type=bdb;
begin;
insert into bdbtest values (1, 'tim');
rollback;
select * from bdbtest;
(I see the row but should not)
set autocommit=0;
begin
update bdbtest set name='tim2' where pk=1;
rollback;
select * from bdbtest;
(the row was updated but should not have been)
All these commands complete OK without errors.

In Red Hat 6.2, the changes are indeed rolled back.

This testing in part of a review I'm doing for eWEEK on this release of
MySQL.

Thanks,
Tim Dyck
eWEEK Labs

Timothy Dyck, West Coast Technical Director, eWEEK Labs
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED], phone/fax: 519-746-4241