Hi there,

I just installed mysql (3.23) but when I run mysql_install_db or mysqld
it comes with an error message that the programming can't load the
libz.so file. I've found that file online and copied it into all myysql
directories but still it can't load the file. I propably should copy the
file to the /local/lib directorie or something, but I can't acces those
directories. So is it possible to disable the use of this lib or can I
specify the path to it?

I am using the binary version on a BSDI 4.01 server...

Thanks!

Rutger