At 09:54 26/02/2001 +0800, Li Sze wrote:
Hi!
Did you read with attention the ODBC documentation about sending
long data ?. For example SQLPutData is used to send pieces of data
exactly to work on limited memory resources, in the code you define
the size of data which is send at every time, how to control when
the each piece and the whole input operation is completed.
If you don't have the ODBC documentation, I advice you to download
from Microsoft the Data Access SDK and read the relative articles.
With this I don't mean that we can't have a problem on the MyODBC
code to handling large binary data, but without you have used all
the recommendations about, we can not to put work time for this unusual
case.

Regards,
Miguel

>Hi,
>
>This is how I set the variables in the my.cnf file.
>
>[mysqld]
>set-variable = key_buffer_size=16M
>set-variable = max_allowed_packet=16M
>
>I can only insert 8M at any one time using SQLPutData. Even if I insert
>1024K more, the SQLPutData will return a "Function sequence error". Does
>max_allowed_packet means half of what is stated? Coz I tried setting the
>max_allowed_packet=2M, and eventually I can only insert 1M at any one time.
>
>I'm not sure whether I have to set any other variables as well. Please advise.
>
>Thanks,
>Li Sze

   /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /   http://www.mysql.com/
  / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__  Miguel Solórzano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/  São Paulo, Brazil
        <___/                  Development Team