Hi!

On Feb 26, Nicolas GREGOIRE wrote:

> > I'd rather see them sent to the MySQL announcements list. It is
> > already VERY low-traffic, and that seems like appropriate content.
> >
> > No sense creating another list just for the VERY occasional
> > announcements when we already have one [mostly] for that purpose.
>
> It seems to be a good idea.
> My main concern is to avoid the numerous messages of the general list,
> not to create a new, dedicated list.
>
> Are the security info sent to the Announcement list ?
> (if it is the case, i will subscribe to it and unsubscribe of the
> general one)
>
> Nicob

Yes, security info is to be sent to announcement list.

And, really, it's a good idea for everybody to subscribe to announcement
list whether one is subscribed to general mysql@ list or not.

Announcement list will add to mail box only about one mail
a month - not a big traffic at all, and then one can be sure
he won't miss anything REALLY important.

Regards,
Sergei

--
MySQL Development Team