Hi Stephen,

>1.  Can temporary tables be of type BDB?  Now before the question is asked
>as to why I need transactional support on a temporary table, let me first
>say that I really don't need it; this is just something we stumbled across
>during development.
>If we create a temporary table of type BDB and attempt to rollback a
>transaction, we get an error during rollback and the data is not rolled
>back.  However, doing the exact same transaction on a BDB table that is not
>specified as being temporary work as expected, ie, a rollback undoes
>theupdates.

The idea of a temporary table is that it is a fast temporary storage
for rows. The user does not need recovery for it. Then one can save writing
the log records, and insertions are faster. Also rollback may be unavailable
for a temporary table, for a similar performance reason.

>3.  I've read several posts regarding the Innobase tables.  Where can I
>download the source from to start trying to use Innobase rather than BDB
>tables?

Innobase is projected to be released in MySQL-3.23.34. Monty will be back
from South America on Thursday or Friday, and the work to build the
release will continue.

By the way, Innobase now has a web page at www.innobase.fi (innobase.com
and innobase.net were already reserved).

>Stephen L. Faustino
>Senior Software Engineer
>SecureLogix Corporation
>Direct/Vmail (210)402-9669x949