Dr J. Froggatt writes:
 > Hi from the UK,
 >

 > Firstly just let me say how cool and NON microsoft MySQL is. It is a BRILLIANT
 > PIECE OF SOFTWARE.
 >
 > Second - help!! I have just downloaded
 >
 > Win32 static binary of MySQLGUI 1.7.4-2  onto my (sadly) IBM PC and when I've
 > unzipped it and run it, it asks for a password. (I may have set one on a
 > I've tried to delete and re-install it but it still asks for a password... What
 > can I do???
 >

 > Please help.
 >

 > Kind Regards
 >

 > James Froggatt
 > Human genome mapping project
 > UK

Hi!

All you have to do is follow some instuctions from README that came
with a package. I quote it out for you here:

-------------------------start of  excerpt from README-----------------

When you start it for the first time, click on ``Options'' button, fill up
all entries correctly and click on ``Save'' button. From then on, you will
logon automatically to the running server on every mysqlgui startup.

Take care to put the right value in ``Ask for password'' button. Also, if
you have problems with location of socket files on *nix, enter a full path
of the socket file in the ``SQL command on the start-up''. This input field
is used on Windoze if you wish to specify that named pipe option.

------------------------- end  of  excerpt from README-----------------

Now, I have a question for you. Has MySQL been utilised in any fashion
in your famous project ??

Can you also advise me if MySQL has played any role in your famous
project ??

Regards,

Sinisa

     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic
    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             /*/             \*\                Developers Team