At 10:50 27/02/2001 +0000, gopinath rajagopal n wrote:
Hi!
First you need to set the privileges rights on the MySQL server for
the NT machine, user and db's. Read the GRANT/REVOKE commands and
How works the privileges system in the MySQL Manual.

To connect you have several ways:

- A telnet session from your NT machine to Unix machine. Run the
mysql client on /mysql/bin directory.

- If your Unix server has a ssh server and you have a ssh client like
Putty for Win. Do the same procedure like telnet.

- You download from our site the Win MySQL stuff. The Win stuff has
a MySQL console client called mysql.exe that you can use with the
connection parameters to connect with the Unix server.

- You can install the ODBC driver MyODBC (you need to download if from
our web site) and use any client application that support ODBC.

Regards,
Miguel
>Hello Sir,
>
>          I am having doubt in connecting mySQL client to server.i want
> some explaination, before that i worked in Oracle.I am newly entering to mySQL.
>
>          my mySQL server is in LINUX OS,my machine is WIN NT . now i want
> to connect with the server and access the database.
>
>          First how to install mysql client in my machine.from where will
> i get the EXE?
>          How to configure my client to mysql server which is in LINUX server.
>
>           Pls .. explain my doubt ASP.
>
>Thanks & Regards
>gopi
>
>****************************
>Nucleus Software Exports Ltd
>Shakthi Towers,6th floor
>766,Anna Salai
>Chennai-2
>Ph: 91-044-8510519,8510825

>Chat with your friends as soon as they come online. Get Rediff Bol at
>http://bol.rediff.com

   /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /   http://www.mysql.com/
  / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__  Miguel Solórzano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/  São Paulo, Brazil
        <___/                  Development Team