Should MySQL build out of the box on NT?

I tried to build 3.23.32 and 3.23.33 on NT 5, and both
attempts failed on the assembler code. The custom build
step for <src>/strings/Strings.asm is as follows:

masm -Mx  -t -DDOS386 -DM_I386   $(InputPath),$(OutDir)\$(InputName).obj,,,

I believe I have MASM installed properly (comes as part of
MS Processor Pack, not much to screw about it), but there's
no 'masm.exe', just ml.exe.

--------------------Configuration: strings - Win32 Release--------------------
Performing Custom Build Step on .\Strxmov.asm
'masm' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Error executing c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe.

mysqld-nt.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

If I change the custom build step for <src>/strings/Strings.asm
to invoke ml instead, I get a complaint about uknown parameters,
and the file doesn't compile either.

So, what do I need to build MySQL on NT?

Cynic:

A member of a group of ancient Greek philosophers who taught
that virtue constitutes happiness and that self control is
the essential part of virtue.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]